Friday, June 19, 2009

Quandary - Red, Pink or Blue???

So I have a minor dilemma. CincyChic, a local online publication for women that is quickly revolutionizing how businesses market to women in the Cincinnati region, is putting on a brilliant women's health event next week (June 25- 27) called Red, Pink & Blue. http://bit.ly/5qo05 

CC_RedPinkBlueFINAL.gif


My dilemma is, which do I want to support the most? Red - for women's heart health, which directly affects me due to a hereditary blood clotting disorder I have; Pink - for breast cancer, of which my Mommy is a 9-year survivor (Thank you Lord for her healing!!!); or Blue - for diabetes, which also afflicts my precious mother? I had to pick which color when deciding which section I would sit in for the hip and exciting fashion show to take place ON the Purple People Bridge. (yes, that's right, a fashion show on a bridge spanning the mighty Ohio River... only CincyChic would come up with this. Love it!) 

I ended up picking blue because of the three health issues, this is the one that seems the most difficult to get under control in my family. And because it is also probably the issue I know the LEAST about!

Anyway, if you're in Cincinnati next weekend and looking for some fantastic events, consider checking out Red, Pink & Blue. There are several free lunch'n'learns, a Health Expo and other educational opportunities. Not to mention the creative fashion show on Saturday night! The video link above gives more info, and it looks to be a great time!

See you there!

No comments: